The José Cabrera nuclear power plant was the first nuclear nuclear power station built in Spain. It is located in the municipality of Almonacid de Zorita in the province of Guadalajara, along the Tagus river between the dams of Bolarque and Zorita, taking the latter reservoir water flow needed for supply and cooling.
The company Union Electrica Madrileña received the March 27, 1963 Authorization for the installation of a nuclear power plant with a capacity of 60 MW for producing conditional upon presentation of the entire project of the nuclear power plant. Subsequently, the project was presented, but with a power increase to 160 MW. On the Construction Authorization of June 24, 1964, the increase was accepted in the power of the nuclear plant, establishing that the reactor outside the pressurized water type.
The Commissioning Authorization was granted on 11 October 1968 by the Directorate General for Energy and Fuels, starting commercial operation on August 13, 1969.
This José Cabrera nuclear power plant was the exclusive property of the power company Union Fenosa Generation.
The nuclear power plant consists of a Nuclear Generation System Vapor formed by a single light water reactor pressure and closed cooling thereof, a turbine-alternator group circuit and all auxiliary systems and security necessary for operation effective installation under safe conditions.
Fulfilled its operating cycle, the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce declared the termination of the operation by order of 20 April 20061 and undocked from the mains on 30 April 2006 and work began of desmatelamiento.
Order ITC / 1652/2006 of 20 April, the definitive cessation of operation of the Central Nuclear Jose Cabrera (BOE 128 of 30/05/2006 Sec 3 Page 20400-20401) states.
|Reactor type||Pressurized water nuclear reactor (PWR)|
|Reactor model||WE 1-loop|
|Owner||Union Fenosa Generation S.A.|
|Operator||Union Fenosa Generation S.A.|
|Zone||Almonacid de Zorita (Guadalajara)|